As many of us celebrate this Easter weekend, there is so much symbolism embodied in it. Whether or not you take part in remembering the death and resurrection of Christ, this weekend is synonymous with renewed hope . Everywhere around us we see life begin again. You can’t fight it, stop it or deny it. Good thing hey? Spring for many depicts a point of change, new beginnings. It sparks life in us, a sense that we are in fact, going to make it. It’s a time to reflect, refresh and renew those parts of us that have become dormant. Hope springs new.
Symbols of Hope in the Spring
- Pussywillows, the first tulips poking through, bright green grass
- Sunny days, warmth, starry nights
- The first sighting of a robin, frogs croaking in the pond
- Farmers in their fields, getting ready for seeding
- Chickies being hatched, lambs being born, bunnies by the galore
- Outdoor activities, fresh air
- Cheerful voices, happy faces
New life. New beginnings. New hope. Soak it in. Soak it up. Smile at the wonder around you.
You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming. ~ Pablo Neruda
Why 7 Apples? Sometimes we just need an extra dose of good.